Monday, December 20, 2010

Hong Kong Visa

Americans can go to Hong Kong for 90 days without a visa, but you’re not allowed to get a job if you do that. To work there, you have to get a work visa before you go. To do that, you have to have a job there first. Luckily, I’ve got that. According to Disney, they’ll take care of most of the paperwork. That’s a good thing since I wouldn’t know where to start.

I have to fill out a really long form they sent me that is in Chinese & English. I’m grateful for the English, but the Chinese parts make it confusing. There are some boxes that are only in Chinese, and no English-only boxes.

Then I have to send the form with three passport photos, a copy of my passport, a copy of the work contract with Disney, a copy of the letter that told me I got the job – you’d think the contract would tell them that – copies of the paperwork that says how much I’ll make and all the benefits, and a copy of the form itself. Then I send all that to Disney and in no later than four weeks I’ll have my work visa. So I should probably do it now since we’re leaving in six weeks.

Look out, Hong Kong. Here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.