Monday, December 27, 2010

Family Christmas

Christmas was awesome!

We went to Ryan’s house for dinner and presents. The dinner was great. His mother & grandmother went all out and made a big beautiful honey glazed ham, fluffy mashed potatoes with gravy – homemade of course – candied yams, deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, pasta salad, buttered peas & carrots and the yummiest carrot cake for dessert, plus all the usual cookies and candy. I probably gained 100lbs.

We both got new luggage for the big trip. I got a new cellphone that can handle international calls. My old phone is pretty beat up. I also got some new Hong Kong clothes. The weather there is very different from the weather here. I don’t even need a parka. Imagine living in a place where you never need a parka.

I’m going to miss seeing Ryan’s family all the time. They’ve always been great to me and they’re totally supportive of our decision to leave. I hope we don’t wait until next Christmas to come back and visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.