Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Typhoon Season

I almost got to experience my first typhoon. There was a storm coming up from the Philippines, but it died out long before it hit us. Now there’s a storm coming from Japan, but they don’t think it will be strong enough to make it this far. It’s bringing some rain, though.

The strange thing to me is how hot is gets when it rains. Back home it gets cold when it rains. During tropical rains it actually gets hotter.

We don’t have typhoons in Minnesota, so I’m almost looking forward to my first one. I know they’re destructive and can be dangerous, but the city is pretty well protected so I’m not too worried. They don’t last nearly as long as a blizzard. Typhoons usually only last a day. So I don’t think it will be too bad.

1 comment:

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.