Friday, May 13, 2011

Condom Shopping

We were about to have sex and I could not help but notice that Ryan did not have a condom. I have a lot of rules that bother him, but the condom rule has always been something he can get on board with. When he told me he was out, I told him to go get more. No guy likes to put on the breaks when he has a raging erection, but getting pregnant right now is really not something I want to do. Ryan knows this, and he knows if the options are go to 7-11 or not get any action, he will go to 7-11.

This is Hong Kong. 7-11 is everywhere – and open 24 hours. From our apartment, you can turn left or right and hit a 7-11 in less than five minutes. We also have Circle K – open 24 hours, Wellcome and Jason’s Market – both open late. They all sell condoms. There doesn’t seem to be any taboo about it either. I’ve bought condoms at 7-11 and the clerk didn’t even blink. I don’t know if it’s because I’m a foreigner or that’s just the attitude. No store seems ashamed of anything they sell and no customer seems embarrassed by anything they buy.

Ryan’s complaint is that Hong Kong condoms are too small. I’m not so sure about that. I don’t know if Asian guys really are smaller, but I know that Ryan is not exactly a bull elephant. Condoms can stretch a lot, so if they’re really too small then Asian dicks must be tiny. I think it’s more likely that Ryan just doesn’t want to buy more condoms. Maybe it’s the Bill Murray/Lost In Translation thing. Ryan doesn’t tower over Chinese people the way Bill stood out in that elevator, but since moving to Hong Kong, he thinks he is taller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.