Friday, June 17, 2011

Just Another Rainy Day

The typhoon that was supposed to hit us actually did. Usually they move around a lot. Sometimes they go the exact opposite way of what the experts predict. This one landed straight into Hong Kong. But it pretty much died at the last minute and wasn’t even a typhoon when it hit us. It really just seemed like any other rainy day to me.

It might seem strange that I’m looking forward to a typhoon. I should probably point out that I am not looking forward to loss of life and property. Hong Kong is well built. Most of the larger buildings were specifically designed to withstand the heaviest typhoons possible, and the smallest buildings are generally wedged between the largest. Unlike the Philippines and Taiwan, Hong Kong is protected geographically – mainly by the Philippines and Taiwan. While typhoons slam straight into those countries from the middle of the ocean, they have to work their way to us. I don’t want to experience death and destruction. I want to experience nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.