Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ryan's Family in Hong Kong part 5

Ryan’s family went home. It was fun having them here and I think everyone had a great time. It’s funny how everyone’s idea of a great time is so different. Ryan’s mom loved all the shopping & food. Chinese food in Hong Kong is nothing like Chinese food in Minneapolis. I don’t know whether she put more souvenirs in her luggage or stomach.

The highlight of the trip for Ally was definitely Disneyland. She goes to Mall of America all the time for her entertainment. Disneyland is different. MOA is great for teenagers, but Disneyland brings out the little kid in everyone.

Shane liked the bars and nightlife. He spent a lot of time trying to pick up Chinese chicks with Ryan as his wingman. Americans think all Chinese girls are passive and demure. From what I’ve seen, that’s anything but true. If you want that stereotype, maybe go to Japan. Unless that’s just as incorrect. Chinese girls won’t do whatever you want. From what I’ve seen, they control the guys.

My favorite part of their stay was taking everyone around to see everything and playing tour guide. I never get to do that here. Most of my friends here and most people I meet have been here longer than I have. It was nice to be the one who knew where everything was, at least for a little while.

I don’t know when we’re going to see them all again. Hopefully soon. We’re bound to take a trip to Minneapolis sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.