Monday, September 12, 2011

911




Was it really 10 years ago? It’s hard to believe it’s been so long.

I was only 10 years old when it happened. I don’t think I really understood what was going on. The enormity of the situation just isn’t something a 10-year-old can really grasp.

Now 10 years later, I’m a little upset that I didn’t get to grow up in the America that other people got. They got the indestructible, unbeatable America. Their America was #1 at everything. They built the best cars, had the best schools, beat the Nazis. I grew up after all that. Our cars fall apart and the companies go broke. We can’t seem to win wars anymore. Our schools are war zones. Did your high school have metal detectors? Mine did – and I grew up in the suburbs. They told us to live in fear for the last ten years, and an entire nation wholeheartedly embraced that command. Now I’m genuinely afraid for my home country. It will never be the same.