Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas 2011

When we first came to Hong Kong, we assumed we would go home for Christmas. But then we went to Europe in October and spent all our money. Most of Ryan’s family came out here in September, so it’s not like we haven’t seen them in a long time. It would be nice to have a white Christmas with family & friends, but we have new friends here and Ryan & I still have each other. It’s just not so white.

I miss the snow, but I have to say I don’t miss the freezing cold. It’s actually quite nice in Hong Kong. Yet it doesn’t feel like Christmas. There are no snowmen. The only Christmas trees I’ve seen were plastic. Decorations are mostly just to get people to shop. There is no Christmas feeling in Hong Kong. It’s like going to Peter, Paul & Playland, the Christian amusement park just off I-94 instead of Disneyland. Only one has that magical feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.