Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

We didn’t really do Valentine’s Day on Tuesday because of work, so we had a special romantic dinner Saturday instead. Ryan took me to Yun Fu in Central. It’s an upscale restaurant with a combination of Chinese and western food. They had an interesting mix of east & west like lamb with chrysanthemum and sesame, braised veal with Szechuan peppers wrapped in lotus leaves, mushroom salmon with bamboo and ginger. Their wine list was huge and we really don’t know anything about wine, so we let the waiter recommend an Australian Cabernet Sauvignon. I’ve never heard anyone talk about Australian wine before I came to Hong Kong. I think all those Australian expats are having an influence.

It was a good meal in a nice restaurant. I have no idea what it all cost because Ryan paid for everything.

After dinner, we took the Star Ferry from Central to Tsim Sha Tsui. Ordinarily we take the MTR, but this was a special night out so we went for the scenic route. We were going to take a walk along the waterfront, but we’ve both seen it so many times, it’s not all that special anymore.

After we got back to our apartment, we made love vanilla style, just the way I like it – on the bed, with the lights low, in comfort and privacy. It was romantic, passionate and highly orgasmic. I don’t need a banana split with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, peanuts and a cherry on top when I can have a warm slice of pie. That would work better if a man said it, but I know what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great blog - I enjoyed reading it so much I went through every single journal entry on it in the span of a couple of hours. I do have to ask: what is the hardest thing about having moved to Hong Kong? What is the biggest adjustment you've had to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I don't think I could read the whole thing at once. Not because there's too much to read, but because it's just too boring.

    The biggest adjustment I think is the culture. It's just so incredibly different from what I grew up with. People here are very different in pretty much every way. That takes some getting used to.

    The hardest thing about moving here was being away from everyone and everything I knew. I can't just call up a friend and go to Nicollet or spend the day at Lake Minnetonka.

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.