Saturday, March 31, 2012

First Audition part 5

I got a callback. I’m pretty excited about it. I originally went in for a singing part, but now they want me to read for an acting part. So either they liked my singing so much they want to do more or I was so terrible they want to see if I can do anything else. I’m guessing that if I was really bad, they would not want anything more to do with me. I don’t know if they’ll have sides, but I prepared a monologue anyway.

I never thought I’d be in a Hong Kong movie when I came here, but you never know what’s going to happen. It would be really weird if I got the part and was actually in this movie and then when I watch it I can’t understand anything because it’s all in Chinese.

4 comments:

  1. Absolute coolness! Amazing where opportunity can find us. Hope you get into the movie.

    So what did you learn new today?

    ericwt

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to worry about not understanding anything when watching the movie because Chinese movies shown in Hong Kong theaters have both Chinese and English subtitles (at the same time, one line of subtitles on top of the other). This used to be a law enacted during British colonial times so that the colonial government could make sure that the locals were not making movies that incited revolution against the British. After the handover, not sure if it is still a law or not. But, as of the last time I was in Hong Kong a few years ago and watching Chinese movies in theaters, English subtitles were still being used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not just movies - TV shows, videos, computer games - everything has Chinese subtitles around here.

      Delete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.