Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cold & Flu Season

I’ve been sick as a dog lately, but I’m starting to feel better.

It started out as a simple cold – I was coughing a little and had a runny nose. When it wouldn’t go away I went to the hospital. They gave me some pills that I didn’t want to take because I didn’t know what they were. It seems like every time you go to any Hong Kong doctor they want to give you pills. I don’t want to take any pills unless I know exactly what they are and I need to know they’re absolutely necessary. I don’t mind taking pills for a cold or flu, but I want to know what they are.

They also gave me some cough syrup. I took that. It tastes terrible, but it keeps the cough away for a few hours. I don’t know what’s in it either, but I take it anyway. I’ve heard they used to use things like opium and codeine, but they don’t anymore. It might not make sense to avoid mysterious pills while taking mysterious liquids, but I figure a pill can be completely bad while bad liquid is at least watered down a bit. There’s a huge flaw in my theory, but that’s the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.