Monday, March 12, 2012

First Audition part 1

People keep asking me how I expect working at Disneyland to help my career. Even working at an American Disneyland isn’t going to make anyone a star, and I’m in Hong Kong. It’s not like Steven Spielberg wanders around Hong Kong looking for Disney dancers.

I don’t expect it to work that way. Working at Disneyland is like being able to rehearse all the time with professional caliber singers & dancers, and I get paid to do it. I’m not expecting to get discovered at Disneyland. I’m expecting to develop and grow and be that much better whenever I go back home. The next time I’m at an American audition I’ll have something on my resume that makes me stand out from everyone else.

So I was completely surprised when I was asked to audition for Jeffrey Lau’s newest movie. He’s a famous producer/director in Hong Kong, but I have to admit that I’d never heard of him before now. I’ve never been interested in Hong Kong movies, but that’s not going to stop me from trying to get a part in one.

Apparently, someone who works for him saw me perform and suggested me for some part in his movie. I really don’t know much about it. I know it’s a small part, which is ok since I barely speak any Chinese. I assume it’s a singing & dancing part, but I don’t even know that. I’d like to do my homework and get this audition right, but right now I don’t even know what kind of audition it is. It’s on Friday [MARCH 16], so I’ve got some time to figure out who this guy is and hopefully find out what I’m auditioning for. I have the phone number for the guy who first approached me, so I’ll call him tomorrow. For now I’m going to see what the internet can tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.