Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Living with Lily part 3

My only gripe about having Lily & Kevin here is that there’s only one bathroom. That would work out if Lily & I shared or Lily & Kevin shared, but our schedules work out that Kevin & I wake up at around the same time while Lily still has time to sleep. It’s easier at night since nobody’s in any hurry to get anywhere and all of our work days end at different times.

I haven’t noticed any big adjustment to living with Kevin. I’m used to living with Ryan and living with one boy is pretty much like living with them all. They’re all slobs in the bathroom. And in the kitchen, or what we call our kitchen. And anywhere, really.

It bothers Lily when Kevin leaves dishes in the sink, but I’m used to it because Ryan does it all the time. Lily also complains about Kevin’s shaving stubble in the bathroom sink, but at least he shaves every day. Ryan started growing one of those stupid little goatee things the second he took some time off from Disney. I don’t like it. When he comes back from China, he’s going to look like Abraham Lincoln.

It’s a cliché to say that boys don’t know how to use a toilet seat, but it’s also true. And for all the bragging boys do about their ability to aim while urinating, you’d think they would be better at it. Lily likes to point out that she is not Kevin’s mother and should not have to clean up his messes. That always makes me laugh because no mother with a child that old should have to do anything like that.

Some men will say they should be allowed to be slobs since they bring home the bacon and provide protection. Around here, we all share the rent. So that means the boy pays less than the girls. And Hong Kong is not a wild west frontier town. I would be astonishingly surprised if anyone ever broke into our apartment. Woe unto anyone who tries with Lily around. If Kevin knows how to kick your butt, Lily knows how to kick the other side.

I miss Ryan, but having Lily & Kevin around makes it a lot easier. But if Kevin grows a goatee, I’m going to have to kick him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.