Thursday, August 2, 2012

Living with Lily part 1

Three nights alone was my limit. I’m not used to living alone and got lonely without Ryan around, so I asked Lily to stay with me while he’s in Mainland China. She didn’t want to leave Kevin alone in their apartment, so now he’s staying here, too. They’re staying at my apartment instead of me staying at theirs for two important reasons – it’s easier to get to everybody’s work from my apartment, especially for Kevin, and theirs is much smaller. It’s kind of funny since my apartment has always seemed so tiny to me, but theirs is even smaller. Hong Kong is famous for tiny apartments. It probably also helps that Lily spent some time here last summer.

Lily & I kind of lived together last summer when Ryan and Kevin were mostly living at Kevin’s boss’s house. We already know that we like living together. Kevin is the big question mark here. It also brings up what my mother would call living in sin. By most definitions, you are only living in sin if you live and sleep with a man to whom you are not married. Kevin and I are not doing anything like that. Some of the more conservative types would say we are living in sin since we are neither related nor married, despite sleeping on separate furniture.

Pretty much everyone agrees that Ryan & I lived in sin. We have been living together since high school – until now, that is – and most definitely shared a bed. Kevin is now the first boy I’ve ever lived with that I was not related to or sexing up like a storm. Then again, Lily is the first unrelated girl I’ve ever lived with. I went from one roommate to two, and I’m not having any sex. Maybe that’s what reminds me of living with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.