Monday, November 5, 2012

My China Trip part 3

I got my plane ticket to Fuzhou. I’m leaving Wednesday at 10 o’clock at night. That means I’ll get there by midnight. That wouldn’t be so good if I had to get to the city on my own, but Ryan’s going to pick me up at the airport. He’ll either find someone to give us a ride or just take a taxi. He says taxis in China are a lot cheaper than Hong Kong. He’s says everything’s cheaper in China.

Leaving will be a little harder. My flight is at 9am Monday. That means I have to be at the airport by 7 at the latest. Since Ryan works nights I’m never going to get him to wake up at 6.

I’ll be staying at Ryan’s house, so I didn’t have to deal with finding a hotel. He shares the house with his band, but he has his own room so we’ll have some privacy. There’s not much privacy in Hong Kong, so I guess China won’t be much of an adjustment.

Usually when I book plane tickets & hotels I look around a little and see what there is to do & see in that city. This time I didn’t have to. Ryan’s been living there 3 months. He can show me around. I don’t really know what’s in Fuzhou, but it doesn’t matter. I’m going there to see Ryan, not to see some temple or whatever famous landmark they have.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip to Fuzhou and hope you get to see whats around there....
    Good luck.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to see much. But it was a great trip anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't matter if you didnt get to see much.. At least you got away for a short break ;-)

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.