Monday, November 5, 2012

My China Trip part 3

I got my plane ticket to Fuzhou. I’m leaving Wednesday at 10 o’clock at night. That means I’ll get there by midnight. That wouldn’t be so good if I had to get to the city on my own, but Ryan’s going to pick me up at the airport. He’ll either find someone to give us a ride or just take a taxi. He says taxis in Fuzhou are a lot cheaper than Hong Kong. He says everything’s cheaper in China.

Leaving Fuzhou will be a little harder. My flight is at 9am on Monday. That means I have to be at the airport by 7 at the latest. Since Ryan works nights, I’m never going to get him to wake up at 6.

I’ll be staying at Ryan’s house, so I didn’t have to deal with finding a hotel. He shares the house with his band, but he has his own room, so we’ll have some privacy. There’s not much privacy in Hong Kong, so maybe Fuzhou won’t be much of an adjustment.

Usually when I book plane tickets and hotels, I look around a little and see what there is to see and do in that city. This time I didn’t have to. Ryan’s been living there for three months. He can show me around. I don’t really know what’s in Fuzhou, but it doesn’t matter. I’m going there to see Ryan, not to see some temple or whatever famous landmark they have. If there’s time, maybe we’ll leave his house once or twice.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip to Fuzhou and hope you get to see whats around there....
    Good luck.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get to see much. But it was a great trip anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't matter if you didnt get to see much.. At least you got away for a short break ;-)

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.