Friday, November 23, 2012

My 22nd Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I didn’t do anything special. Ryan’s in China, just as he was for his birthday. When I went there last week that was kind of for both of our birthdays.

I didn’t have to work, but all of my friends did or are out of town. Lily went back to Canada because her dad had a heart attack a few days ago. Kevin just left. Amy had to work all night. Even Ryan worked that night.

On his birthday, I did a special strip tease on Skype for him. I guess it was a Skypetease. He really liked it. We didn’t do anything on my birthday because he worked all night. By the time he got off, I was asleep.

I wanted to get a massage in the afternoon, but Amy worked the night shift. If she’s not there, I don’t bother. She’s the best and knows what I like. So I spent most of the day doing e-mail and catching up on chores. At night, I took some Tim Ho Wan home and watched Singin’ in the Rain on DVD. It’s hard to have a pity party when you’re watching Singin’ in the Rain. There’s just too much joy in those performances. Debbie Reynolds had a hard life later on, but she was really lucky to be working with those guys when she was so young. She was younger when she did it than I am now.



2 comments:

  1. I've been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award and I am now sharing the love… I think your blog is inspiring, well written and thoroughly worth reading, so I have nominated you for the award too: consider yourself a Very Inspiring Blogger! If you would like to accept the award, click on the following link to read the rules and the post in which you are listed: http://housewifedownunder.wordpress.com/2012/11/28/the-very-inspiring-blogger-award/ Congratulations!

    And happy (belated) birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I think. 15 blogs is a lot. I'll put this on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.