Thursday, January 31, 2013

New Year Trip part 1

I finally have some good news to report. Ryan & I are taking a trip. He’s getting some time off and rather than just come to Hong Kong while I work, I’m taking some time off and we’re going somewhere away from China. We don’t know where yet. I don’t really care. The point is to spend time together. We haven’t seen each other in forever.

All we know is that the trip will be after the Chinese New Year. We both have to work during it. It’s the busiest time of year for me. It’s too expensive to go anywhere during Chinese New Year anyway. Since most Chinese people are traveling, everything costs a lot more. I always volunteer to work extra hours since the holiday doesn’t really mean anything to me and it’s the single most important holiday for most of my coworkers. I cover as many of their shifts as I can so they can spend more time with their families.

Disneyland isn’t the worst place in the world to be during the Chinese New Year. They pull out all the stops and it’s a pretty fun atmosphere. We’re always supposed to be on. The happiest place on Earth and all that, but you can’t be peppy and sparkly all the time. It’s a lot easier when they throw a giant party.

They also go extra crazy with the fireworks, but I’m kind of burned out on fireworks right now. You can see fireworks every night in Hong Kong. It’s nothing special when it happens all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.