Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My First Real Movie part 6

I did my reshoot and everything went well. I liked shooting in a studio better than at a real restaurant. It just felt more like a real movie to me in the studio. In the restaurant, it was like a bunch of people playing pretend.

We did hair and makeup in an actual dressing room. That felt more professional than what we did in the back of the restaurant. It was mostly the same people, so it also felt more familiar.

My part was mostly the same. There were some minor changes now that they already filmed the fight scene. They probably should have shot the fight first anyway since that is the harder element. We also did it all in fewer takes. The studio set had far more room for all the equipment, so no one was crashing into anyone like they did in the confined restaurant. The star seemed more confident. Maybe because we were in a studio. Maybe because he already did his big part. Maybe he just wasn’t as intimidated by me anymore.

They gave me an extra line of dialogue that takes place after the fight. We shot that immediately after the beginning of the scene. I thought my line was kind of stupid, but what do I know? Enough, I guess, because the director didn’t like it either. After we did the first take, he said he didn’t want to use it. So now I’m back to only having the beginning. I went from two lines before the fight to two lines before & one line after, back to just the two. Easy come, easy go.

The director thanked me for coming in to do the reshoot and I went home. They could have easily replaced me since I’m only in one scene. Maybe it was easier to reshoot with me than recast. The whole day took a little over three hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.