Friday, February 27, 2015

One Day At a Time part 3

I took what must have been the shortest trip of my life on Wednesday. I flew out to Fuzhou Wednesday afternoon, spent the night and flew back to Hong Kong Thursday morning. Fortunately, it is only a two hour flight. Unfortunately, I stayed at Ryan's house. I have always said that getting a hotel is the much better option in Fuzhou, but during the New Year, getting a room is very difficult. Fuzhou has fewer hotel choices than a lot of Chinese cities and everything is more crowded and more expensive during the New Year.

I have actually taken shorter trips, but Hong Kong to Fuzhou is almost like going to a different country. I still have that American attitude that any trip to another country should be a long vacation. I'm not used to going through passport control one day and then leaving the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.