Friday, February 27, 2015

One Day At a Time part 3

I took what must have been the shortest trip of my life on Wednesday. I flew out to Fuzhou Wednesday afternoon, spent the night and flew back to Hong Kong Thursday morning. Fortunately, it's only a two hour flight. Unfortunately, I stayed at Ryan's house. I've always said that getting a hotel is the much better option in Fuzhou, but during the New Year, getting a room is very difficult. Fuzhou has fewer hotel choices than a lot of Chinese cities and everything is more crowded and more expensive during the New Year.

I've actually taken shorter trips, but Hong Kong to Fuzhou is almost like going to a different country. I still have that American attitude that any trip to another country should be a long vacation. I'm not used to going through passport control one day and then leaving the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.