Monday, February 16, 2015

Year of the Goat



The Lunar New Year starts on Thursday. Banks and government offices will have a long weekend from Thursday to Sunday. The festival continues long beyond the weekend, but only the first three days are legal holidays. Schools and some jobs take more time off, but most people only get the first few days.

I will be working a lot more than usual. I always volunteer to work more during this holiday because it is the most important time for most of my Chinese colleagues while it means pretty much nothing to me. The more hours I work, the more time they have to visit their families and do all of the things they are supposed to do during their biggest holiday. As an added benefit, the more hours I work, the more money I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.