Thursday, November 5, 2015

Dating in Hong Kong 3

The reason I started talking about dating in the first place is because I've decided that it might be time to start thinking about considering whether or not I want to entertain the idea of maybe contemplating the suggestion that I go out on an actual date.

Finding people outside of high school might be harder than in it, but it turns out it's actually pretty easy when you're newly single in a city of 3 million men. Even when you eliminate coworkers, married men, men who are too young or too old and creepy dudes online, there are a lot of men out there. Thinking back, I've been getting offers the entire time I've been in Hong Kong. I simply forgot about them because I had a boyfriend.

A friend of mine is currently trying to set me up with a friend of hers. We've never met each other, but she swears we'd be perfect together. That's a huge red flag to me. Very few people have the same definition of perfection. It's also a horribly bad idea to go on a blind date with such unrealistic expectations. I'd rather hear, “You might work out. Who knows.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.