Thursday, November 5, 2015

Dating in Hong Kong 3

The reason I started talking about dating in the first place is because I have decided that it might be time to start thinking about considering whether or not I want to entertain the idea of maybe contemplating the suggestion that I go out on an actual date.

Finding people outside of high school might be harder than in it, but it turns out it is actually pretty easy when you are newly single in a city of 3 million men. Even when you eliminate coworkers, married men, men who are too young or too old and creepy dudes online, there are a lot of men out there. Thinking back, I have been getting offers the entire time I have been in Hong Kong. I simply forgot about them because I had a boyfriend.

A friend of mine is currently trying to set me up with a friend of hers. I have never met this man, but my friend swears we would be perfect together. That is a huge red flag to me. Very few people have the same definition of perfection. It is also a horribly bad idea to go on a blind date with such unrealistic expectations. I would rather hear, “You might work out. Who knows.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.