Sunday, January 17, 2016

Pygmalion

Now that I am back among the living, my agent got me some stage work. I am going to be Clara Eynsford-Hill in Shaw's play.

Who, you ask. No, she is not the most important character. She is not even in the movie version. But in the play, she is Freddy's sister and Eliza's opposite, in many ways. Clara is a small part, but one I am not at all familiar with, so it will be a nice challenge.

I have played a few different characters in a few different productions of My Fair Lady, but the musical is very different from the play. Especially the ending and all the songs.

Even though this is a small part, I have a lot of work to do. I know the story, but this character is completely new to me. I understand her purpose in the play, but I have to figure out what I'm going to do with her. It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.