Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Lily's Dad part 6

Lily's father died today. I wish I could say it came as a surprise, but he was headed downhill for a while. Lily is devastated. He meant the world to her and now she has to deal with all of that. It can't be easy. She is an adult who lives away from home, but she is still too young to lose a parent.

I'm going to Winnipeg for the funeral. I never met him, but I am going to be with Lily. I will probably not lose my job over it because I will only be there for a few days. Had I gone earlier to spend time with her, who knows when I would have come back. This time, they know when I'm scheduled to work again.

Kevin is not going to the funeral. He met and knew Lily's father, so it would be better if he went instead of me, but he would absolutely lose his job if he disappeared right now. Instead, he will go visit Lily after I come back. That way, someone will be with her for a longer period of time than if we both went together.

I have no idea when Lily is coming back. She will probably stay a while to deal with all the family things you have to deal with when your father dies. I don't know how long that takes. I would love to bring her back with me, but that's not going to happen. I would also love for her to still have a job when she comes back, but that is pretty unlikely at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.