Saturday, May 14, 2016

Jerusalem Hotel 2200

I met most of the cast today. We had a quick table read and then everyone left to get ready for their big Shabbat dinner. Most of the dialogue is in Hebrew, so I couldn't understand a word of it, but it felt like I was in a room with some really good actors.

I had Shabbat dinner with a local family. They graciously invited me into their home to share their holiday. I learned a lot about their customs. Now instead of knowing almost nothing, I know slightly more than nothing. It was an amazing experience. And the food was outstanding. Easily the best meal I've had in Jerusalem so far.

Shabbat is the day of rest, but it's a lot more than that. It's a spiritual holiday and one of the Ten Commandments. I went to a family synagogue where I watched a surprisingly short service, all in Hebrew. It was all Greek to me, but they could not have been friendlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.