Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 4/18/17

I have considered making this book take place in the recent past. For now, no time period is mentioned, but I'm thinking it might be just before 2000. I would never come out and say when it is. I would causally mention the Braves winning the World Series or that new movie about the Titanic.

That leads to a few interesting dilemmas. I know that today, in 2017, high school seniors go to professional photographers to have their senior pictures taken for the school yearbook. They are usually very individual and look nothing like the junior and sophomore pictures. Some schools give students a wide berth. Some schools are more strict.

But did they do that in Southern California in the late 1990s? Or were they still using the old system where seniors had general portraits taken just like everyone else? I don't know. They say Google knows everything, but Google does not seem to know, either.


Amy Adams

Alec Baldwin

Larry David

Zooey Deschanel

Morgan Freeman

Zach Galifianakis

Katharine Hepburn

Robin Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.