Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Hailey's Novel Diary – 7/12/17

Who are your biggest influences? That is a question you are going to get a lot if you do any kind of acting. My standard answers are Helen Mirren, Katharine Hepburn, Meryl Streep and Sally Field. More or less. Sometimes I will mention Edna Purviance, but that is more likely to confuse the interviewer. They all know Meryl Streep.

In having one of the characters answer that question, I chose Jennifer Aniston. There is no hidden reason. She just seemed like an actress most people probably don't look up to as their acting idol. I'm not mocking Jennifer Aniston. I have nothing against her. She simply popped into my head when I thought about actresses that people probably don't think of as their acting idols.

But it makes sense, in a way. If you grew up with Friends, and you are a big fan, you might think more of Jennifer Aniston than most people. I first learned about Alan Alda from M*A*S*H. He has done plenty since then, of course. And who knows. Maybe in 50 years, Jennifer Aniston will be universally admired for her work. It's theoretically possible.


The African Queen
Directed by John Huston
© 1951 Horizon Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.