Thursday, February 15, 2018

Hong Kong By Phone part 1

My new phone has a camera, just like everyone else's phone. But I almost never use it as a camera. Taking pictures with my phone is still strange to me. Even when I see something I might want to photograph, it rarely occurs to me to use my phone.

On Friday, I was headed to Sheung Wan and for whatever reason, I realized I had a camera in my purse. Before taking the MTR, I went to the West Kowloon Waterfront Promenade. It's a nice looking waterfront park, but they are redecorating for the New Year, so some of it is closed off and there are cones and tape everywhere.


West Kowloon Waterfront Promenade


The park borders the Yau Ma Tei Typhoon Shelter off the west coast of Kowloon. The typhoon shelter is easily visible from the ICC, Kowloon Station, the Arch, the Cullinan and my apartment, which is in none of those astronomically expensive buildings. But I can see it in this picture.


Yau Ma Tei Typhoon Shelter


Kowloon Station, Cullinan, Arch, ICC


You have to cross a busy street to get to the MTR from Nursery Park.


Western Harbour Crossing


Once inside, there might be a few people. Especially on a Friday. Or Saturday. Or Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.


Kowloon Station


Two MTR stops later, I was in Sheung Wan. I was picking up some snacks. This is exactly the kind of street that has some of the best snacks in Hong Kong.


Wing Wo St, just off Des Voeux Rd Central


From Des Voeux Rd, you are going to pass the Grand Millennium Plaza to get to the MTR. At least if you are on that side of the station, exit E2, I think. I was just passing through, and I remembered about my camera, and they always have one holiday display or another. I'm not really sure why anyone would go there otherwise.


Grand Millennium Plaza, Sheung Wan

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.