Monday, February 7, 2011

First Day at Disney

Today was the first day of orientation. I work at Disneyland! How cool is that? I think it’s pretty cool.

They covered all the details about working in a foreign country and doing everything the Disney way. I’m so glad they did because I had a lot of questions. Today was exceptionally informative. They spoke in detail about visas, but it seems like most of the other foreigners are Australian, so the rules for them are not the same as the rules for me. They went over benefits like medical & dental, discounts and all that. They talked about the volunteer program they have which is called Disney VoluntEARS. The name sounds hokey, but they do good things for poor children in the area, so I’m jazzed about that. They also have all kinds of Disney names for everything. I’m not an employee, I’m a Cast Member. That has nothing to do with being on stage. Everybody’s a Cast Member at Disneyland, whether you perform in a show or scoop ice cream.

I start rehearsals Thursday. Orientation was for everyone, so they didn’t cover any of the specifics about what shows I’ll be doing and what characters I’ll play. That comes after we start rehearsals and the musical director makes all his decisions.

I hope I get Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.