Saturday, September 3, 2011

Amsterdam Extension



Since we’re flying to Amsterdam on the way to Rome anyway, Ryan wants to spend a couple extra days there. Amsterdam was his first choice when we made our lists of places to go in Europe.

We decided to go to Amsterdam on the way back to Hong Kong since the flight times are better. Our flight from Hong Kong to Amsterdam arrives at 5:30am – maybe not the best time to see the sights – but our flight from Rome to Amsterdam arrives at 8pm. Changing the Amsterdam to Hong Kong flight to a different day cost us more money – and now we have to find a hotel in Amsterdam – but at this point we’re spending so much that a little extra doesn’t seem like a big deal.

Since we’ve extended our vacation, we won’t be back in Hong Kong in time for Ryan’s birthday. I was going to do a surprise party and invite everyone we know in Hong Kong. I guess I can still do it after we get back, but now I have to come up with something for his actual birthday. I don’t know what I can get him in Amsterdam. I know what he’d like – a big bag of Amsterdam weed, but that’s not going to happen. I don’t care if it’s legal. I’m not buying any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.