Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rome part 1

We’re in Rome. It’s such a beautiful city, and huge. I knew we were never going to see all of it, but once you’re here you really can tell just how large this city is.

The hotel is everything I expected. It’s beautiful inside and out. It’s on a small street that quickly turns off to a larger street that goes everywhere. We can easily walk to the Colosseum, Piazza Venezia, Vittorio Emanuele, Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, all kinds of restaurants, tons of shopping and about a million churches.

The bathroom is smaller than our Hong Kong apartment, and that’s saying something. Hong Kong apartments aren’t known for large bathrooms. Ryan didn’t know what the bidet was. I had to show him how to use it. There is no bathtub – just a shower that’s far too small for two people. That’s a disappointment. We don’t have a bathtub in Hong Kong either and I miss taking baths together. At least in our apartment we can both squeeze into the shower together. There’s no way two midgets could fit together in the hotel shower.

Something I noticed as soon as we walked into the room was how high the ceilings are. Everything in Hong Kong is so low that I was forgetting the rest of the world is taller.

No time to blog – lo sono a roma.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I could have sworn I've visited this website before but after going through many of the posts I realized it's new to me.
    Regardless, I'm certainly happy I found it and I'll be bookmarking
    it and checking back regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading. This blog isn't exactly up there with the greatest works of literature, but I don't see why someone can't read a post or two that they've already read before.

    I went back and read some of the older posts a few months ago. Some of them made me shake my head and wonder what I was thinking, but some of them made me laugh. I almost deleted the whole thing a while back, but the reason it's here is to remind me what I was doing, thinking and feeling in the past, so deleting it would be a bad idea. Even if there are some posts I'd rather forget.

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.