Monday, November 21, 2011

21st Birthday




Happy birthday to me. I turn 21 tomorrow. That’s a big milestone where I come from because you can legally drink. Here in Hong Kong, you can legally drink at 18. So now I can do what I’ve been able to do since we got here. You can also legally drink at 18 in Rome & Amsterdam. Outside of the United States, I don’t know where turning 21 matters.

It’s hard to believe it’s almost been a year in Hong Kong. Things sure do change. When we came here we didn’t know anything about this city, Chinese culture, living in another country or speaking the language. A year later and I think I know how to get around Hong Kong pretty well. I’m just starting to understand the culture and how different it is to live in another country. I still can only say a few phrases in Chinese. It’s a difficult language to learn, but I’m getting better all the time. I couldn’t get much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.