Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween 2011

We went to a big Halloween party Monday. I didn’t even know most of the people there. At least I don’t think I knew them. It was kind of hard to tell who was whom with the costumes.

Ryan was a lazy zombie. Actually, he looked more like himself watching sports on TV than a person in a costume. Kevin was a pirate. Not as cuddly or strange as Johnny Depp, but not bad either. Lily was Lady Gaga. She had a bad wig, weird sunglasses and she wore a decorated garbage bag. It was pretty funny. I was a devil. I get to play a princess at work so I thought I’d go the other way.

There were a lot of Harry Potter and Avatar costumes and a few Lady Gagas, but Lily’s was the best. I suppose Lady Gaga is a good choice for a Halloween costume. She dresses like it’s Halloween all year.

There were too many people in the apartment where they held the party, so people spilled out into the hallways. I don’t know how the neighbors felt about that. Halloween isn’t a traditional Chinese holiday, but a lot of expats live in that building, so the locals are probably used to rowdy noise by now.

It got pretty hot even with all the doors and windows open. It may be October, but it’s nowhere close to cold in Hong Kong. Lily’s garbage bag was steaming her, so she took it off and spent half the party in her wig and underwear. That still worked out for a Lady Gaga costume. Half the girls were dressed like hookers anyway, so no one noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.