Saturday, December 10, 2011

Euro Money

There was a time when going to Rome & Amsterdam, we would have to change our Hong Kong dollars into Italian lira and Dutch guilder. Now we only had to change Hong Kong dollars to euros.

When you travel, you’re supposed to look at the exchange rate of wherever you live, but I’m still thinking in American dollars. So if you tell me something costs HK$10, I think of it as US$1. When we converted our Hong Kong dollars to euros, I didn’t think of it as Hong Kong dollars to euros. I thought of it as American dollars to euros. If something in Rome cost 10 euros. I didn’t think of it as HK$100. I thought of it as US$14.


American dollars


Hong Kong dollars


Euros

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.