Saturday, March 17, 2012

First Audition part 3

The audition has come and gone and I still haven’t heard back from them. That’s either bad or they simply haven’t made any decisions yet. It was only yesterday and today is Saturday, but it’s not like this is a Monday to Friday business.

I don’t know how many other girls tried out for the same part, but I’m also pretty sure they’re not going to spend too much time worrying about it. They have so many more important parts to cast.

I sang “We Kiss in a Shadow” from The King and I. I was trying to think of something that works for Hong Kong, but this was the closest I came up with. I know it’s about the King of Siam, but I really can’t think of any show tunes about Hong Kong. I didn’t want to do anything modern because I don’t have any idea what’s popular in Hong Kong right now. Most of the songs I hear around town are Korean or J-pop. I guess Korean is called K-pop now. Either way, I can’t sing in Korean or Japanese. Is there any E-pop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.