Sunday, May 27, 2012

Going Home part 3

We’re leaving tomorrow morning. I’m pretty excited. I’ve been away from Minnesota for 16 months. That’s easily the longest time I’ve ever spent away from home. I’m looking forward to everything.

We’ve flown to a lot of places in this last year and a half. Wherever we go, we always have to wait in the foreigner passport line, and that’s always the longest line. We’re finally going somewhere we can wait in the short line. I like going to new places and seeing new things, but sometimes it’s nice to hand my American passport to American security and have them say “welcome home”.

3 comments:

  1. oh Hailey, I'm gonna miss ur blog sooooo much. Pls keep blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Hailey you have conquered Hong Kong.

    You took a huge step and made it work on your terms. You learned all kinds of stuff and had one heck of an adventure.

    Fantastic job!

    I am sure you are enjoying being back at home. Enjoy and spend time with those you love.

    Please remember if you ever get restless where you are, there is a whole world of opportunity out there waiting.

    Enjoyed your blog and expat blog posts.

    Take care.

    ericwt from expatblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys make it sound like I left for good. It was a nice long vacation, but still just a vacation.

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.