Monday, August 6, 2012

Living with Lily part 2

I decided that Lily & Kevin should take the bed and I would sleep on the sofa. I’m from Minnesota and that’s what any good Midwestern hostess would do. Lily wouldn’t have it. She’s from Canada. She didn’t want to put me out of my own bed, especially since they really didn’t need to stay there anyway. There’s no way two people can sleep on the sofa together, but plenty of room for two in the bed. So we decided that Lily & I would share the bed while Kevin got the sofa. He doesn’t mind. It just makes it easier for him to watch TV at night after the rest of us are asleep. There’s no TV in the bedroom. He also wakes up a lot earlier than Lily. Being in a different room allows him to make more noise in the morning. I’m also a morning person, so logistically, we should share the bed while Lily sleeps on the sofa, but no one suggested that combination.

You’d think Lily & I sharing the bed might interfere with their sex life, but you’d be wrong. Lily & Kevin are most definitely living together in sin. Only now they have a platonic roommate. Does that reduce them to a half sin?

Very late Saturday night, Lily went out to the living room and I’m pretty sure they got it on. I was mostly asleep, so I might have dreamed the whole thing, but I think it happened. It seemed loud enough to be real.

I like having them here. I don’t care if they have sex on the sofa. As long as I’m asleep in the other room, they’re not hurting anybody. They can even do it in the bed, as long as I’m somewhere else. I know if it was Ryan & me at someone else’s place we would still get it on whenever we could. Young, healthy, committed couples are going to have intercourse. It’s not my place to stop that sort of thing, and I wouldn’t want to if I could. Unless they’re in the bathroom and I need to get in there. Knock boots wherever you want, just don’t hog my bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.