Thursday, February 21, 2013

New Year Trip part 4

We’ve decided to go to Bali for our big vacation. We’ve both been working a lot lately and we want somewhere we can relax and not worry about having to get to all the tourist sights by a certain time and deal with traffic, crowds and schedules.

I don’t doubt that Tokyo is a great city, and I still want to go there, but it doesn’t seem like the best place to relax.

Seoul was never on the top of our lists. I’d like to go there one day, but Korea just doesn’t call out to me for whatever reason. Jeju might be relaxing, but Seoul is probably just as hectic as Tokyo.

Thailand seems like it might be a great choice, but most of the flights are to Bangkok, which probably isn’t any calmer than Tokyo. And then we would have to take a train or bus from Bangkok to the relaxing parts. That’s just more transportation to more places, more crowds of people all trying to get somewhere, and more hurry up and wait.

We can fly directly to Bali and not have to worry about trying to go anywhere else. I’m sure Indonesia has a million things to see, but for this trip we’re just staying on one island. I don’t even know how much of Bali we’ll see. We’re not going to try to cram everything in. The point of Bali over the other choices is to stick with one place and relax.

We booked a private villa because that’s what you do on Bali. They’re not at all expensive. I’m just hoping the low price doesn’t mean low quality. I know you usually get what you pay for, but February isn’t the big tourist season, so maybe prices are lower than usual. I also love the idea of a villa over a standard hotel room. Unless you pay far more or far less, most hotel rooms are pretty much the same. It’s what you have outside the hotel that matters. With a villa on Bali, I think where we sleep might just be one of the main attractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.