Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hailey’s Bali Diary


Hailey’s Bali Diary




So, I wrote a book. There’s something I don’t say everyday. It’s not really a book – it’s an ebook. It’s shorter than a book. I don’t know how many pages it is because it’s an ebook and they don’t have page numbers.

After I got back from Bali, I sat down to write a blog post about it and I just kept typing & typing. Pretty soon it was far too long to be a blog post, so I decided to post it in installments. A lot of my posts are in different parts just because things happen in between each one. This would have been in separate parts because it was so long.

I couldn’t write it all up all at once, so I went back and wrote more later. When I did, I kept typing & typing again. By the time I was finished, I knew it wasn’t a blog post.

That’s where ebooks come in. Lily noticed I was doing a lot more typing than usual – especially since I did it on her computer – and I told her I wrote the world’s longest blog post about my trip to Bali. She suggested I make it into a Kindle book.

I don’t have a Kindle, but she does. She says they’re the greatest thing in the world. It’s kind of funny that I have a Kindle ebook for sale when I don’t even have a Kindle. I can’t even buy my own book.

Feel free to buy my ebook and tell all your friends to buy it and make me rich. I don’t actually expect it to sell very well. Books don't sell the way they used to. If you want to get rich, do whatever people are doing these days to get rich. Writing books isn't it. I didn’t write it for money anyway.

It’s more graphic than I intended. You probably shouldn’t read it to your kids as a bedtime story. But I’m ok with it.

7 comments:

  1. Favourite actors, Gene Kelly????

    Never mind. I wish you well anyway, Hailey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but what's wrong with Gene Kelly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I am going to buy your kindle book just because you wrote it. ;)

    Had some major life changing events that kept me off expat blog for a while.

    But now that things are less crazy it is good to see you still living the international life.

    Good luck with kindle sales. They always start slow and grow. You should write more to finance your life adventures.

    Wishing you love, money and happiness.

    ericwt at expat blog

    http://www.capitalistenigma.com


    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly. Look who's back from the dead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not back from the dead. I just got real busy.

    Besides, I am the perfect internet friend. I do not hassle you will PM's. I only comment occasionally on your blog.

    Plus I have referred multiple people to you blog.

    Good job on the Kindle book. Will order it later today. Keep writing.

    From you good, not dead, internet friend. ;)

    Best wishes.
    Eric

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.