Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Agent

Life is really funny the way things work out. I went to a few auditions, I got a lot of rejections, I finally got a part, we filmed it and everything, and then it was cut. You might think this is a sad story, but today I got a call from an agent who wants to represent me. He knows one of the producers of the film I'm not in anymore and he saw a rough cut of my part. This isn't exactly the big break I was hoping for, but it's a million times better to have an agent than to go to all these auditions without one.

Without an agent, I can only go to open auditions or I have to be invited by someone who knows someone who saw me do something somewhere. The odds are never in my favor. I got lucky and got into a few auditions, but only just a few. With an agent, I have someone calling up producers and casting directors and trying to get me auditions that I never would have known about otherwise. I'm still competing with a million other girls who all probably have their own agents, but at least now I'll have more chances to compete. The more you try, the more likely you'll succeed.

4 comments:

  1. I just read your book. Its good, you're not shy are you lol. but it should be in the erotica category not travel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that, but it's more a travel book with some erotic elements

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your agent and hope he can open a few doors for you that will eventually land you that big break. For every part that you take an acting role, look at it as a stepping stone.
    Good luck and hope you will succeed..

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.