Sunday, March 10, 2013

My First Real Movie part 7

I called the PA to find out how to get my free tickets to the premiere of my big movie debut. It’s not out yet, but it will be sooner or later and I didn’t want to miss anything. She was surprised when I called her, mostly because she was under the impression that my part had been cut out of the movie. I couldn’t believe it. Nobody told me. She said she would make a few calls and get back to me.

When she got back to me, it turned out she was right the first time. The director cut my part. The fight scene is still there, but I’m not in it. So now I’m not going to be in my first real movie. I can’t really complain. It happens all the time. It was a small part. I wasn’t the star or even an important character, or even much of a character at all. My part was “Hostess” on the English version of the script. My character didn’t even have a name. Kevin Costner was cut from The Big Chill and his character was pivotal. Everything happens because of him. Harrison Ford was cut from ET, and he was the biggest movie star in the world at the time. I only worked for seven hours total, and I got paid for basically nothing.

Still, it would have been nice if someone told me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.