Friday, May 10, 2013

Carrying On

I had an audition almost a month ago and they just told me I didn't get the part. I'm a little disappointed, but not really surprised. Of all the acting auditions I've been on, I only got the part twice. One fell through and the other part was cut. Still, I had a great experience shooting a real movie.

I know I'm supposed to be depressed when I don't get a part, but I think I'm pretty lucky. I have a great job where I get to sing and dance every day. I want to get into acting, but if it doesn't work out, I'm still performing. That's what it's all about anyway.

Most auditions don't lead to jobs anyway. I've been on a million dancing auditions that I didn't get. That never stopped me from trying. Now I'm dancing for a living. It doesn't matter how many of them say no, as long as the best say yes.

2 comments:

  1. Keep trying girl.. eventually there will be light at the end of the tunnel.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some actor said that when he started out, he gave himself until he was 20 to make it. After he turned 20, he changed it to 25 and then 30 and 35. I don't plan on giving up.

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.