Thursday, June 6, 2013

Cruise part 3

Ryan is now on the cruise ship. He flew into Hong Kong today, but I was at work so I couldn’t pick him up at the airport and take him to the ship. While he’s cruising to Xiamen and Shanghai, I’ll be booking our flights back home and trying to find a hotel in Bangkok at the last minute. It’s June, so that won’t be easy.

The Vietnam part of the cruise is turning out to be an issue. We already have visas for China and Americans don’t need any for Thailand, but there isn’t enough time to get any for Vietnam. Even if there might be enough time, I wouldn’t be comfortable giving the embassy my passport since I’ll need it to go on the cruise. Ryan’s already on the ship, so it’s too late for him no matter what. Even if I could get a visa, there’s no way he can. We’ll just have to stay on the ship while it’s there.

Getting to everywhere isn’t easy either. You’d think going on a cruise would take care of transportation since you’re on a ship that goes everywhere, but we need plane tickets to get there & back. Ryan already flew from Fuzhou to Hong Kong. We’re both flying back to Hong Kong after the cruise and he’s flying back to Fuzhou. I’m flying from Hong Kong to Shanghai and getting on the ship. Then back to Hong Kong with Ryan after. Getting us both on all the same flights isn’t easy.

1 comment:

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.