Friday, June 7, 2013

Cruise part 4

Ryan should be in Xiamen by now. Maybe he can tell me something about it before I go there on Tuesday.

As it turns out, you can get Vietnam visas online. You fill out the forms online and then when you are physically in the country, they either stamp your passport and let you in or they don't. It's more dangerous than sending them your passport and having them send it back with a visa attached, because you don't know if you're approved or not until you get there, but it's much faster. It all works out for me since I need my passport to get to Shanghai. This way, I will always have it, but I won't know if I can go into Vietnam until we get there. I don't even know if I want to since Ryan will not have a Vietnam visa.

Somehow, in the middle of airlines and visas, I found a nice hotel in Bangkok at the last minute. Now we just need our plane tickets from Bangkok to Hong Kong.

1 comment:

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.