Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cruise part 8

This cruise book turned out longer than I expected. I thought it would be a short little book like Hailey’s Bali Diary – buy your copy today. That one is about 39,000 words. The cruise book is 88,000, more or less. Page count is relative. Word count is what all the experts use.

I never thought about turning the Bali trip into a book until after I wrote a blog post that was too long to be a blog post. I thought about turning the cruise into a book before I even went on the cruise. The first draft was written before I stepped foot on the boat. Obviously, there were changes after I actually took the cruise, but I started from something rather than a blank page. I don't know if that's better or worse, but that's the way it worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.