Monday, August 26, 2013

Summer Highlights part 4

Another great thing about the big house is the kitchen. My tiny apartment has a typical Hong Kong kitchen. It's a sink and a miniscule counter up against a wall. There is barely enough room for the toaster oven or rice cooker, and never both at the same time.

The big house has a western style kitchen with a real oven. It's great. I can actually bake things like cookies and brownies. Have you ever tried to make a pizza in a toaster oven? It does not work. Unless you like small, undercooked dough discs.

It's not that I'm a great cook. I'm not even close, but even mediocre homemade cookies are always better than boughten. Plus you get that fresh baked cookie smell in the house. No one ever complains about that.

There is also the issue of living with roommates. In my tiny apartment, there is barely enough space in the kitchen for more than one person at a time. If I'm in there making something, no one else can do anything at the same time. In the big house, you can fit a whole football team in that kitchen. They like cookies, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.