Friday, August 9, 2013

What I Did On My Summer Vacation part 2

What made this year at the big house different from other years is how much all of our lives have changed since last year. When we first went to the big house, Ryan lived in Hong Kong and we lived together. Lily & Kevin lived together in their own tiny apartment. Now Ryan lives in Fuzhou and Lily & Kevin live in my tiny apartment. We went from two couples living in two different apartments to one couple living apart and the other couple living with me. Living with two other people in such a small space has definitely changed my relationship with them. For the better, I hope.

I did not really know Kevin all that well before he moved into my tiny apartment. I knew him mostly from how Lily talked about him and all the times I saw them together. We had never spent any time together just the two of us. Now he is one of my best friends.

Lily was already a close friend, but since we started living together, we are even closer than ever. She is not just my best friend in Hong Kong. She is the best friend I have ever had anywhere in the world.

Unfortunately, Ryan and I don't see each other nearly as much as we did when we lived together. We have been lucky enough to take a few trips together, which you can read about for the low, low price of only $19.95. Hailey's Bali Diary, Nudist Cruise Or whatever it is. I have also gone to Fuzhou and he has come to Hong Kong a couple of times.

I think if we could all live at the Clear Water Bay house all year, convincing Ryan to move back to Hong Kong would be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.