Friday, August 9, 2013

What I Did On My Summer Vacation part 2

What made this year at the big house different from other years is how much all of our lives have changed since last year. When we first went to the house, Ryan lived in Hong Kong and we lived together. Lily & Kevin lived together in their own apartment. Now Ryan lives in China and Lily & Kevin live in my apartment. We went from 2 couples living in 2 different apartments to one couple living apart and the other couple living with me. Living with 2 other people in such a small apartment has definitely changed my relationship with them – for the better I hope.

I didn’t really know Kevin all that well before he moved in. I knew him mostly from how Lily talked about him and all the times I saw them together. We’d never spent any time together just the 2 of us. Now he’s one of my best friends.

Lily was already a close friend, but since we started living together, we’re even closer than ever. She’s not just my best friend in Hong Kong – she’s the best friend I’ve ever had anywhere in the world.

Unfortunately, Ryan & I don’t see each other nearly as much as we did when we lived together. We’ve been lucky enough to take a few trips together – which you can read about if you buy my books Hailey’s Bali Diary, Nudist Cruise [/plug]. I’ve also gone to Fuzhou a couple of times and he’s come to Hong Kong.

I think if we could all live at the Clear Water Bay house all year then it wouldn’t be hard to convince Ryan to move back to Hong Kong.

1 comment:

  1. Anymore hot tub adventures? ;) DId you see Kevin's penis again? lol

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.