Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fuzhou Trip

I'm all set to go see Ryan in Fuzhou on Monday. We are both working this weekend, so Monday was the soonest typhoon-free day we could get.

Ryan suggested we stay at a hotel this time. Last time I went to Fuzhou, I stayed at his house. I don't mind getting a hotel since he lives with too many roommates. It will be nice to have some privacy.

I don't know why, but there were only a few hotel options. Maybe there is some Chinese holiday that they don't celebrate in Hong Kong. Nothing is going on here, but something is taking up all the hotels in Fuzhou. Or maybe there are simply few hotels.

Our options were higher end 4 and 5 star hotels, like the Ramada, Sheraton and Westin, or cheaper dive hotels like Days Inn and Howard Johnson. There was even a Super 8. I had no idea they were in China.

We decided to aim high because why not. I live in a tiny Hong Kong apartment with two other people and he lives in a small Chinese house with four other people, and the occasional visiting girlfriend. A few days in a decent hotel will be a nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.