Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year, New Home

We have decided to move to a bigger apartment. When Kevin & Lily first moved into my tiny apartment, it was supposed to be temporary. I did not want to live alone while Ryan was in China, so Lily came to live with me. Lily & Kevin did not want to be apart, so Kevin sometimes stayed at my apartment and sometimes stayed at their apartment. In the beginning, it was just me in my apartment full time with Kevin & Lily living there part time. That gradually changed as Lily stayed at my apartment more and more. Then Kevin started staying more often. Now we are all at my apartment full time. It just makes sense to get a bigger apartment.

So now we are looking at apartments. There are about a million options in Hong Kong. There are apartments everywhere. We just have to pick one. We obviously want two bedrooms and preferably two bathrooms. The problem is finding the right location. Lily & I work on Lantau. Kevin works in Wan Chai.

Kevin wants to get a place on Hong Kong Island. That is not only closer to his work, but also where most of the other foreigners are. Lily & I don't want to be farther away from our work. We got a taste of what it would be like to go to work in five minutes while we were at that hotel in Discovery Bay. We don't want an hour commute after that. Kowloon seems like the best compromise. As long as we are near the MTR, it should be relatively close to either of our jobs. I like our current neighborhood, but maybe it's time to move on. There are a million different neighborhoods in Hong Kong and I have yet to experienced most of them.

4 comments:

  1. While it's fun to move to Central, Wanchai, Causeway Bay, they are the most polluted parts of HK and won't be good for your long term health. Better to live nearby a MTR station and move further out and get a cheaper bigger place for the same money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to find a place near the MTR. That much is certain. Since there are 3 of us we should be able to find something big enough that we can all afford together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did u try this before ?

    http://www.gohome.com.hk/en/

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use a combination of websites and word of mouth.

    ReplyDelete

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.