Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Ryan came to Hong Kong for Thanksgiving and we all went out to dinner. By we, I mean Lily, Kevin, Ryan and me.

We went to Aqua Roma, a trendy Italian/Japanese restaurant at Tsim Sha Tsui. We mostly went for the mix of Italian and Japanese, but the views were not too bad either. We all like Italian food and we went to Tokyo this summer, so we have all been looking at Japanese food more.

The food was good enough, but nothing exceptional. Most people go for the views. The restaurant is close to the harbor and has famous views of the Symphony of Lights. Several movies have been filmed in the bar. I remember seeing something with Morgan Freeman there, but I don't remember which movie that was.

Overall, I would probably never go back. Like most trendy restaurants, the emphasis is on the restaurant's design and how hip everything is. I prefer restaurants where the emphasis is on the food. Aqua Roma looks nice, but ultimately, you go to any restaurant to eat, not to look out the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.