Monday, March 16, 2015

An American in Paris part 1

Speaking of trips to other countries, I'm going to Paris next month. How that happened is a pretty long story, and I'm sure I'll get into it sooner or later, but for now I'm concentrating on what I need to do before I go.

Lily & I are getting paid to go for a month. Since it's for work, we need visas. Even people who work there temporarily need visas. If we were just going as tourists, we could stay there for 3 months without any kind of visa, but to work, we need temporary work permits. So there's all that paperwork to deal with.

There's also a question of where to live. Housing will be provided for us, but at this point, I don't know where it is or whether we'll be staying in a hotel or an apartment. I assume an apartment is cheaper for the month, but I don't really know. I also assume that wherever we stay, it will probably be on the outskirts of the city or in some suburb somewhere. Anything for a month in the heart of Paris has to be expensive. That means it will take longer every time we want to go into town, but I can't complain. I'm getting paid to go to Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.