Monday, March 16, 2015

An American in Paris part 1

Speaking of trips to other countries, I'm going to Paris next month. How that happened is a pretty long story, and I'm sure I will get into it sooner or later, but for now I'm concentrating on what I need to do before I go.

Lily & I are getting paid to go for a month. Since it is for work, we need visas. Even people who work there temporarily need visas. If we were just going as tourists, we could stay there for three months without any kind of visa, but to work, we need temporary work permits. So there's all that paperwork to deal with.

There is also a question of where to live. Housing will be provided for us, but at this point, I don't know where it is or whether we will be staying in a hotel or an apartment. I assume an apartment is cheaper for the month, but I don't really know. I also assume that wherever we stay, it will probably be on the outskirts of the city or in some suburb somewhere. Anything for a month in the heart of Paris has to be expensive. That means it will take longer every time we want to go into town, but I can't complain. I'm getting paid to go to Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No hate, please. There's enough of that in the world already.